Bite into a burst of superpowers with these homemade energy balls!
‘Atta Abu Sha’ar (10) joins Hamzah Qudah (17) to make these nutritious grab-and-go oat balls.
Oatmeal Energy Balls
1 ½ cups rolled oats (or you can roast the oats in a pan on the stove)
½ tsp cinnamon
½ cup smooth natural peanut butter (or any nut butter)*
3 tbsp natural honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup of any mixture of the following: chia seeds, flax seeds, peanuts, chocolate chips or raisins
(For this recipe, Hamzah mixed milk chocolate, black chocolate and roasted sesame seeds)
1. Mix vanilla extract, cinnamon, rolled oats and seed mix in a bowl
2. Mix peanut butter and honey in a separate bowl
3. Gradually pour the oat mixture into the bowl with peanut butter and mix
4. Using your hands, roll the mixture into small balls and place them on a waxed sheet
5. Refrigerate for 30 minutes at least and store in the fridge until ready to eat
Did you know?
Rolled oats can help lower cholesterol, support healthy digestion and balance blood sugar levels. They are high in protein and fibre, vitamin B1 and minerals such as manganese and magnesium