Fun with a Cause
Over JD4,000 was raised to educate underprivileged students through The Cakery’s Sixth Annual Gingerbread House Charity Event last month.
Family Flavours and Nakahat ‘Ailiyeh, both media sponsors, are regular supporters of this event which raises funds for the ‘Alimni programme to assist underprivileged students in Jordan to enter university.
As media sponsors, members of the Family Flavours and Nakahat ‘Ailiyeh team spent a morning full of fun and work at the Crowne Plaza Amman Hotel, also sponsors of this charity event.
Families worked together diligently on putting together their gingerbread houses outdoing each other with innovative candy and white icing decor.
Of course, with all the colourful candy temptation, many kids could be seen enthusiasitcally chewing away whilst decorating their rooftops and gardens.
Special bargains were on offer; each new subscriber to Family Flavours and / or Nakahat ‘Ailiyeh received a discounted subscription and a gift package from Mudieb Haddad & Sons Co. filled with red goodies in line with the festive season: red Colgate toothpaste, a toothbrush, red Palmolive shower gel and Lady Speedstick for teens.
Subscribers also received a JD50 Shami Derma gift voucher for mama to have the chance to pamper herself.
Raffle draw winners!
1. Winner of our 2019 Family Flavours’ cover: Salma Ja’ouni won the opportunity to have her children on one of our Family Flavours covers this year. Apparently her daughter Leila Araj has always dreamed of modelling and being a cover girl!
2. Winner of our 2019 Nakahat ‘Ailiyeh cover: Linda Barakat won the opportunity to have her children on our Nakahat ‘Ailiyeh cover
3. Winner of an exclusive JD200 photo session with Anastasia Casey
4. By subscribing to both Nakahat ‘Ailiyeh and Family Flavours, Tabarak Hashimi was the lucky winner of a JD200 portrait package with renown photographer Anastasia Casey. This exciting family photo shoot includes a transformational makeover including grooming with hair and makeup professionally done and portrait images taken by Casey’s artistic lense. Casey photographs our kids fashion pages, Sweet Selections and has her own Food for the Eye pages (turn to page 52)
5. Winner of a JD100 photo session with Anastasia Casey, Dima Sawalha won the opportunity for a photo session for her family with Anastasia Casey
6. Winner of a family meal at Little Italy, Luma Odat will be inviting her family to Little Italy Taj Mall soon as she won a JD50 voucher to Little Italy by subscribing to Family Flavours and winning the raffle draw for this prize
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts Signs Agreement with Family Flavours & Nakahat ‘Ailiyeh Magazines
Mövenpick Hotel & Resorts in Jordan renewed its partnership agreement last month with Al Marji’ Publications, publishers of Jordan’s only parenting magazines: Family Flavours and Nakahat ‘Ailiyeh.
“We have enjoyed a successful and mutually beneficial relationship with Family Flavours and Nakahat ‘Ailiyeh and we are looking forward to continuously building on this partnership in 2019,” says Michael Nugent, Regional Director of Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts – Jordan.
At the signing, Hind-Lara Mango, Al Marji’ Publications’ Publisher and Managing Director said “We are proud that for over a decade now, both Family Flavours and Nakahat ‘Ailiyeh continue to be chosen as trusted brands by Mövenpick Hotels and Resorts.” Mango noted, “For 2019 we have been selected once again to promote Mövenpick’s five properties in Jordan through print, online, social media and events. We look forward to holding our much coveted Mind, Body & Soul II event at the Dead Sea Zara Spa again.”